Sad linguistic news

Unfortunately, Rygusmul has been discontinued. I have decided that the language is much too similar to Latin, and the system on which it is being built is extremely fragile.




Lange Rigusmuli

August 2012 – January 30th 2013


I will upload all documents that have been made… well, those most up to date. Click below to see them.

Continue reading


I am completely stumped……

Today, I figured I might as well work with my language. I added a few nouns to the list, but then I stopped. Why did I stop? Tune in next time on RGG’s Radio Mysteries for the conclusion of today’s CREEEEEEPY STORRRYYYYY….. Not really. I actually stopped because I have lost the will to continue the language development. When, or if, I finish the list, what will I do with it? How long will it take to develop the adjectives dictionary? How long will it take to create sub-clauses? Preposistions? How do I create question-clauses? What about adverbs? I can’t copy Latin directly! You see, Latin has been my main inspiratory language for the creation of Rygusmul, but I don’t see why I couldn’t create my own grammar. However, the problem is that I don’t know how. I see only Latin in my language, Rygusmul.

My next idea is to find out more about grammar and how it works. I’m really at a loss, stumped, perplexed… How do I develop this language any further? Should I stop developing it and begin on a new language completely from scratch? I have kept myself puzzled over this for days now. Should I study agglutinative languages? That is, languages like Turkish. However, if I want to do that, I must either learn more about agglutinative languages, or spend a decade or two trying to develop some sort of algorithm for sentence structuring of my potential “agglutinative language”. It would make the language sound, and look, more professional, or rather original and seamless.

Again, I don’t know what to do. I have no clue. At all. I just know that I will try to figure out what to do. This is one of the main reasons I have not worked on the language, as well as one of the reasons I have posted so few blog entries regarding Rygusmul.

I’m just completely stumped!

Rygusmul development log: 16th November, 2012

It’s nigh midnight, and I have been working on the language for almost three hours straight.

Things that have been done:

  • Added a fuck-ton (yes; this means A LOT) of new words to the dictionary. However, these words have yet to be translated, and they’re all nouns. I have found this fantastic website, where random English words are generated. I recommend everybody who is creating a conlang to use this website, should they not have/wish to follow a dictionary.
  • Title changed to “Rygusmul development log: [DAY] [MONTH] [YEAR]”

Tomorrow, I will translate some of these words, if I can be arsed.

Rygusmul update log: 15th November, 2012

Little has been done with the language lately, as I have been a little demotivated to continue further development of the language. The grammar isn’t really the problem. The problem is all the words that have to be added. Because I am the only one working on this language, finishing this work is going to take a long time. I would ask someone else to help me, but the problem is, I would have to look over everything, anyway. Not to mention most people don’t have the knowledge about languages and linguistics I do, even though I’m only 16 years old. Well, nobody that I know know as much about this as I do. Honestly, I don’t really care how long this will take, but it just annoys me how I can’t even get to work. I mean, I’m trying to come up with new words, but I just can’t seem to get motivated enough. If I knew that this was going to work out, then maybe – just MAYBE – I would have continued with it. The problem is, I don’t even know if the language will ever be finished, due to my relatively low knowledge about linguistics (compared to professional linguists).

To sum up what has been happening the last two weeks:

  • About 15 new nouns added
  • Determiners “lis” (this, these) and “neus” (that, those) added, as well as inflections of these. (“Lis” and “neus” are irregular. All other determiners are regular).
  • Added a couple (literally) new verbs.
  • Made some small readjustments to the main compendium.

What I am planning to do before the language is released:

  • Have at least 500 nouns, 200 verbs, 10 determiners, and many other words added to a big dictionary (somehow). Can someone tell me how to make a clear list of something like this. I would like my dictionary to look like a standard dictionary we have in our everyday lives. :/
  • Standardize the main uses of the cases. As of now, I can only hope that the cases mean what I think they mean. I’m very unsure about the ablative case.
  • Know parts of the language myself. What is the point of creating a language if the creator can’t even understand it himself? That’s madness!!!!! Of course, first, I would have to finish the basic structure of the conlang.

Finally, my plans of how the language will be when (if ever) I’m done with it:

  • It will have over 10000 words in a great dictionary, including examples of uses.
  • The cases will have been perfected. I now know how the ablative case is used.
  • I can speak the language semi-fluently.
  • The language is complex enough for everyday use, or at least for use in personal groups.

I can only dream of these things happening, but for now, I will have to live with what I have. It’s kind of annoying not knowing what to do next, and that’s my main problem. If I do finish the language, it’s going to be one of my greatest achievements yet! From Mag’ir’by, to Rygusmul, and beyond!

Viv bonum!